Originally Posted by BretVanSant
Catch my breath a bit
Alcoso tags I've seen 2variants 2 size variants an AWS an ACS and mini of same tags.all from hair clippers. If you collect you know the history of this firm. Export tags many times say Germany tags bound for inside the EU at the time pre 45 from what I can tell do not.
Years ago when this dagger site 1st started a guy named Mike Hansen had tags 2new was his name he got out of the hobby which at the time I couldn't see why. Fully get it now. Try as you may some people wish the hobby to exist for money only. But to hear some say a tag is for some other reason than what I have seen with my own eyes is a bit disheartening. Assuming or guessing is ok but cause you buy it does not make it fact.a person like Damast has the period references to show much of what is known today. Ive not even seen what he has but I trust his view and opinion. Johnson's stories carry real weight to me Every PS tag know said came from him he bought them all at once sure maybe some gi snagged a bagged tagged example but that would have been the exception not the rule. If TJ preserved anything written I don't know. But I have his stories. Many people collect at a higher level than I do it's based on money. No harm no foull. I will not allow some speculation to rule the mob at least without doing to right thing. 2new could fund his collection easy. I work at it now suddenly Craig wants a mint Peres dagger???? For what 2 or
3 tags he owns? I remember the gurka knife deal also.
It's about the Benjamins ok so say that.
I can't correct this behavior but I can warn people of the suspect nature of some tags. While real right as rain maybe not for a dagger. This all ends well so you know. In the heat of that I find a dagger dedicated in in 1937 but the model year changes in 1938 11 months difference so what's wrong in that picture? So hard reset time is that model 11 months early? Dedicated late but presented on a day 11 months before?? I've come back and want to let everyone know partial truth does not work here.
I hope that scratches the surface. Don't ban me or lock me down. I just need to let people know what's going on here is not 100% fact but some guess work on his part when fact are so very important.
Bret

Thank you for the compliment, Yes I was standing right there when the Tag video was made at SOS. It was done behind my table.