What I find works well is just looking at period photos and advertisements from period trade Journals etc.. .
As I'm sure it is posted already many tags are just plain post1945 made and many may be period but were not (usually) or at all used on daggers swords bayonets..
There has been some disinformation posted here and much more printed in current Military magazines
For instance the (Solinger Fach Arbeit) was also used for bayonets daggers and swords before 1946. There is also two different colors and the two colors do make a difference on what they might be on.. this tag should not be in the export file.. Source of this information is multiple trade journals and period advertisements and leaflets concerning these two color of tags with photos and drawings.
There is some good information here but some of this posted is based on opinion and a leap of faith.
You have to look beyond e-bay and the internet..
P.S. I own original cutting and stamping (Embossing)dies for some Solingen tags. One of them is a pre1946 export tag for Klass to the South American market.

Last edited by DAMAST; 05/16/2022 05:56 PM.