I'll continue to have a conversation with myself. No biggie. I can't go back and edit a post after so long. I have found one other eagle B machete. So I will assume that marking to be rare. I can't look at everything but closed sales on dealer sites, ebay, I tried to sign up on another forum to chime in on a machete thread. Luckily it didn't work. I won't go door to door with this.BUt!!!! This item has been mis identified from the start due to a photo or a few photos.
What's the hang up easy
- no photo in a factory catalog
- no order to id this as a luft machete
- no luft acceptance mark or marks ( fighting knife, lift dagger have this at times, luft flare guns have marked) on any machete I've ever seen

So let's call it a Alcoso machete for lack of a cool term. Then do sub designation Police marked, Sawback, iron hilt, brass hilt etc ...in reality that's never gonna happen it's forever ided wrong a Luftwaffe. So ok but the police marking is the oddity maybe??
Let think as if it were Rohm ground full partial each carries a particular place and each a price difference. But important is each has its own place. Plus looksl at how the family was purged from the Alcoso firm as time went on. The change from older ACS scales logo to AWS and Alcoso in script is a big deal, if collecting Alcoso navy daggers yes? The script is the final mark means a late dagger. At least that what we understand. Again I reference Anthony Carter's volume 1 for the basics here. I'm going at this a different way Monday morning maybe we can get some help from the top down. Or at least get the ball rolling a bit more.
Here is a photo to prime the pump a bit. If you had this trademark on a dagger what time frame would you place it.????

IMG_20220515_154125338~3.jpg (72.97 KB, 125 downloads)
Last edited by BretVanSant; 05/15/2022 08:48 PM.