Had a bit of the before it begins today. I went to look for a few of these listed for sale. Lakeside trader Paul,has one listed the written bit says ACS but the photo shows it as AWS which is still an Alcoso mark bit no eagle B stamp nod. As my maker mark shows above. I won't hijack his photo or listing you can look it up. It's in very nice condition btw!! So what we see in just 2 pieces is one has a eagle B police mark. Paul's listing does show just the maker mark.
So on my view to call these just a Luftwaffe Machete is some what on error. Maybe we can re+designate as Alcoso machete police or luft I don't know but the the lack of the police mark vs not is a huge difference. If we want to clear up some messy slots in this hobby let's start doing it. If the cops were flying The ME109 I would buy off on luft but we don't call a.police marked combat bayonet a luft bayonet. Let get the info marking wise right and change the designated names to reflect the issue and stampings. How do we as a group so this reflects accurately?

Last edited by BretVanSant; 05/13/2022 05:02 PM.