Tom Johnson s email relating to hang tags note the luft machete reference.

February 16, 2009

Dear Bret:

Thank you very much for your incoming email messages of earlier today. You have one leg up on me, as I have never seen a David Everts factory control tag. Although this one may have come off of a deerfoot hunting knife, I am sure the same control tags must have been used on their Third Reich dress daggers as well.

In regards to the Klaas tag, I am sure that you are right in your assumption that the blank space was left open to enter the appropriate Klaas model number.

You certainly are not =E 2boring me to tears”, Bret, as you have even shown me something in your emails that I have not seen in the past (the David Everts factory control tag).

In answer to your question about, do I have a period Alcoso factory catalog, I actually have two different Third Reich Alcoso factory catalogs. I have the standard Third Reich Alcoso catalog which has been reprinted, but, by the way, not reprinted by Rex Reddick as Joe Wotka states, but was reprinted by Frederick Stephens in England. In addition to that catalog, I also have an ultra-rare Alcoso factory catalog that shows all of their Third Reich miniature pieces. Unfortunately, the machete is not shown in either of my two original Alcoso catalogs.

Yes, Bret, for some unknown reason a number of the GD Forum members seem to like to take “cheap shots” when not warranted.

All the best, Bret, and I hope this clears up your questions. Thanks again for sending along the color photo of the latest control tags.

Sincerely Yours,

LTC (Ret) Thomas M. Johnson
President
Johnson Reference Books & Militaria