Antonio Scapini,

Very interesting stuff and thank you for all you have done. Unfortunately I haven't your book yet. I am most certainly not an expert like yourself or as knowledgeable. IYO "the double way" was used. Maybe I should get your book first before I comment lol. Antonio I don't think it's impossible to resolve, anything is possible. As you probably already know this Double process was really something. Meaning two metals. The precious metal and alloys are separate. The sheets of double metal are placed on top of each other, heated in a type of furnace and welded together under hydraulic presses at very high pressure then rolled out to any desired thickness. Round discs are punched out of this double sheet metal and then seamless tubes are drawn from them. This process was manufactured in special factories and supplied in sheet and wire. The production of double wire is more difficult and the procedures are different.. . Both methods require rolling respectively and very well-trained personnel to say the least.

A very short version of the procedures and I hope you don't mind Antonio. Just to clarify, in your opinion you believe it's from these seamless tubes that the HR was made? Just tell me to be quite and get your book lol. All the best!