Herman,

I don't see the point in going around in circles. We can treat each blade with a different point or a line as a sub variation. Besides, do I understand correctly that you want to see the original etched blade, to which only the logo was added after the war? If so, how do you want to define it? I have already expressed my opinion on this blade. Perhaps it is an entirely post-war blade, or the original un-etched blade that received the etching and logo after the war. It may be that an original WKC blade, with which this dagger left the factory, was damaged (broken, rusted, etc.). Therefore, it was replaced with the blade that we see on this dagger now. Once again, for 83 years no one has seen Kriegsmarine daggers by this maker. I consider it nonsense to suggest that Malsch & Ambronn ordered one single blade from WKC and this blade has only now been found. Therefore, I think that there is no secret or sensation here.
However, you have already said in this thread that you are happy with this dirk. All is well, then, because you paid your own money for this dagger.
My opinion about this dagger remains unchanged. I wish you a lot of fun with it. As long as he stays with you, you will have any problems with it.

Best,
Oleg.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down his life for his friends.

John, 15:13

www.kriegsmarinedolch.de