Hello Oleg,

Thank you for your honest and well argument-ed opinion on this topic, I really appreciate that, even if our views differ.

Just a couple extra comments, I would like to make from my side:

- When I found my Eickhorn SA Xmas dagger, only a decade ago: even several of the well known dealers did not know what that was.

- I have several HJ-knife versions and makers that are not in any reference book so far.

So, I believe that there still might be rare variations and makers of 3R etched weapons that are not yet generally known about.

And about this Malsch & Ambronn Kriegsmarine dagger: the blade has (next to the maker mark) a specific feature that not any WKC blade is showing!
I cannot reveal this here, because it is my verification for when another one would pop up.

So I am convinced, that the dagger was an order by Malsch & Ambronn at the WKC firm, but the blade was custom etched for them. And I believe that there must be more out there!

And finally, so far I have never encountered any authentic, period Kriegsmarine dagger, to which the maker mark has been added postwar, have you?

Or anyone else?

If so, please show them.

Thanks & best regards,

Herman

You never have enough HJ-knifes!