Hello Herman,

the blade by Plümacher was just an example. Of course is it a 100% fabricated blade. But, in theory, one could also say that this is a rare manufacturer found only recently. OK,
let’s forget Plümacher. In your opinion, the fact that there is a navy dagger in the Seilheimer catalog supports the theory that the daggers from unknown manufacturers can still pop up.
I have a different opinion on this matter. And here's why: too much time has passed and collectors have gained quite a lot of experience. There are groups of collectors who specialize in certain types of edged weapons. You are also one of them. It may be naive, but, for example, I completely trust your opinion about Hitler Youth knives, even if it is confirmed only by your experience, and not by documents or examples. This is not a compliment, it is a fact.
About the ultra rare producers from the book of Thomas Wittmann, I saw the dagger by Emil Voss, the daggers by Karl Julius Krebs and the daggers by Robert Klaas. I cannot confirm or deny their originality. But I do not find any problems at all with the Krebs daggers. They have the same characteristics, just like, for example, Adolph Brown( *).
We should also not forget that these ultra rare producers were mentioned in Thomas Wittmann's book 22 years ago. And, nevertheless, as far as I know, the daggers of these manufacturers have not met since then collectors in real life.
It is very difficult for me to imagine that during all these long years somewhere there was dagger by manufacturer which until now has not been met by anyone.
Herman, I do not want to spoil your mood or your day. I just express my opinion on the dagger in this thread. Maybe earlier it was a WKC dagger with a plain blade. Then someone etched it and a logo. What for? I do not know. Maybe it was an experiment. Maybe it was a tentative attempt to see the collectors' reaction to this blade.
And, once again, all I have said is only my personal opinion based on my personal experience. Everyone can decide for himself whether to pay attention to this opinion or ignore it.

Best regards,
Oleg.

(*) Recently in Belgium were sold an auction a navy dagger by Adolph Braun dagger with a white grip and a navy dagger by Eichhorn with an orange grip. I assume that the former owner took apart the daggers and then confused the handles. This is in regards to the collecting experience.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down his life for his friends.

John, 15:13

www.kriegsmarinedolch.de