Hello Oleg,

Thank you for your input here, which is much appreciated, as you are specializing in Kriegsmarine daggers.

Though, I don't understand your comparison with that Plümacher blade, that is a 100% fabricated blade.

Do you have any examples to show of original Kriegsmarine blades, to which maker marks have been added postwar?

So the Seilheimer firm has a Kriegsmarine dagger in their catalog, but never one has surfaced yet?

In my opinion that supports the theory, that never seen Kriegsmarine dagger makers still can pop up!

Also, in Tom Wittmann book on German navy daggers, several ultra rare makers, of which I have never encountered a specimen myself are listed: Emil Voos, SMF, Anton Wingen Jr and Carl Julius Krebs. Also about 10 years ago a Kriegsmarine Klaas blade (non U9 etched) surfaced here on the forum.

What is your opinion on these daggers, of which also only 1 or 2 are known?

And finally: if you are in the hobby for quite some time, you will realize that type collecting is a rather recent way of collecting: 20 years ago, dagger collectors only wanted just 1 of each type or 3R organization in their collection. Now collections of hundreds of daggers of the same organisation exist. This explains why we still find makers that are not documented yet... also on Kriegsmarine daggers!

Best regards,

Herman

Last edited by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann); 12/03/2021 04:30 PM.

You never have enough HJ-knifes!