Hello all! A little back story is in order. Back in the 70's I collected Third Reich edged weapons, concentrating on the common pieces (I paid $140 for a near mint early SA dagger that would easily sell for over $1000 today). After about 10 years, I moved on to other interests and sold off the collection but kept the 8 Volume set of Tom Johnson's 'Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich' just in case. Since that time I have always kept abreast of the hobby at various shows and very recently decided to dip my toe into the waters again. I purchased this early 1933 pattern NSKK dagger by Wilhelm Kober, with nickel fittings through out and a anodized black scabbard. It was 'uncleaned' and had verdigris in spots and so I gave it a gentle cleaning and polished all the nickel fittings and it came out absolutely stunning. I was concerned that the anodized scabbard was not original to the dagger as you do not see these too often as most all of them are painted. But after some research it turns out they are out there, but not very many.

I do not plan to go whole hog into this hobby as before, but I will certainly consider additional purchases if the right one comes along. I'm going to keep it simple!

IMG_1384.JPG (206.4 KB, 246 downloads)
IMG_1385.JPG (146.05 KB, 246 downloads)
IMG_1386.JPG (174.28 KB, 246 downloads)
IMG_1390.JPG (89.69 KB, 246 downloads)