Herman

Would you have purchased this dagger if it had a fouled anchor etch design to the blade, there are legitimate non maker marked Navy blades out there, personally I think that there are more sailing ship etched WKC' Navy's that were early than fouled anchor pieces so if the dagger is early which I believe it to be then it's more likely to have a sailing ship etch, why do you make the distinction in your first post, quite what has that to do with it being original to Malsch or not, personally after seeing the Malsch 2nd Luft that John originally bought I am still having difficulties in believing the Mark was originally etched onto the dagger during the 1933-45 period, of course there is a possibility that it is completely original, nobody was there during the period to say yea or nay, I suppose with all daggers whatever the type you have to be comfortable with it yourself, if your happy with it then that's great.

Wotan

Just to be clear are you saying that WKC didn't produce non maker marked blades or that when they did mark them it was always stamped rather than etched.

Gary

Last edited by Baz69; 11/02/2021 10:16 PM.