Hello gents, as Herman V. states a navy dagger with yellow grip and sailing ship etching is not something beeing produced without makermark. I for myself have not heard (nor seen) of any. For me the shown navy is a WKC one and for unknown reasons marked with the mm of MALSCH. There are lot of possiblities why this did happen, perhaps a special production (assamblance of parts bought by the WKC company - but the own mm was put on the therefore unmarked blade) for any family member of MALSCH?
I like to ask a question: Who of you have seen an army dagger produced by HARTKOPF (double devils) ??? And there is one (only one up to now worldwide) which did come directly from the family (greatson) of the former wearer/owner. BTW PACK parts.
And there are one or two more "one-of- a-kind" makermarked armies known, ask the authors of the lates army book.
Due to the nice even overall patination, the one maker parts (up to the red washer) who did NOT produce etched blades without mm (WKC did stamp thier mark so an erasing of the old maker and etching a new one is for me out of reach), I personally have the feeling that it is an original one, period manufactured navy dagger.
And I personally have no problem with the small part of the border etching missing. the MALSCH mrk is very broad and does not fit well to a navy ricasso.
Just my peronal observations and opinion, regards,

Last edited by wotan; 11/02/2021 08:08 PM.

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.