There is nothing to bite Mike,,,,,Andy collected longer than we were alive.... I saw him 2 months before he passed and talked for hours. He said every time a book came out the counterfeits became better and better. . That todays day and age all it would take is someone on u-tube to show a famous fantasy ring being dug up [which we have seen already with the Wiking SS ring] and them saying 'he doesn't have a clue whats he's doing'.. That after a few times It would bother me. Andy knew me very well, because it would............
- How do you defend something like that. On another forum there is a ring that would not, does not, could never have a chance of ever being made.... With as gentle explanation as possible, examples shown,the history of the insignia itself, even the law against it being made the answer was 'he has a gigantic collection of a few hundred rings,,he is a expert he must be right'..
- Shit like that bothers me, how do you defend a situation like that after the book is published?. It is something I have to learn to get over.
- Mike its like your students saying after graduation 'teacher Mike was full of it. Half the stuff he taught us wasn't even true, what a waste' .'. Some it would bother,, some I guess wouldn't bother them..
- Andy was so very sure the HR was made from a single die. I explained to him the science that went behind it the findings is it wasn't from a single die etc.etc.. He just refused to believe it,,how could Don be wrong all these years?.... - Anyway, we're getting off topic.... It is something I have to get over, be secure and say f**k it... after talking to this well meaning author it is helping me.. My coming here years ago was to keep guys from buying nonsense , fantasy, copy rings... I am going to ground I guess.. This ring book will have many spending much money on these nonsense rings and that bothers me very much.. I will get there. My family helped me with a program that will make things easier with the little that has to be done. I will get there.......