Met a guy at the MAX. I wasn't going to post this and it has been weighing in on my mind,,,,, but its now going to print and don't want anyone to maybe waste their money,,,,

I hate to criticize this book but I talk with the writer for 30 min. or so.. It is a book for those who have never even thought of the idea of a military theme ring.

I took some photos of the rings that will be featured in the book. I would say that half,,maybe more were reproductions and or fantasies.. after talking to him I mentioned about the couple/few sites that have ring forums on them and what he thought. He mentioned he heard of them but never even thought of checking in to have a look see!

His main interest seems to be the Condor Legion era / campaign.. Seems like he did no research on how the rings were made. His main idea it seems is to get people interested in or have the knowledge that there were such pieces. Which is great.. BUT, what is dangerous is that those who buy and do get the 'bug' for collecting them will think the rings he has featured are authentic patterns.. Many will be wasting money, many will be defrauded by rip off sellers who will use the book to legitimize their fakes/counterfeits/fantasies. ..

Will the book be good to get those interested in collecting them??,,OR, is this a dangerous piece that will hurt many an turn off those who start to collect.??.

Look, I'm not bragging,,,but, we,,us , collectors here, are light years ahead of what is being offered in this book..
So,, I'll do it.. I warn those who might be interested in collecting 3rd reich era military these rings this is not the book for you.. It has a place maybe showing the 'kitsch', the oddity of such things but thats it..

- * Shown here is the advert for the book. As seen is a G.I. Victory Ring. Complete with their story about them how many were found and for different arms or the service. Also C.L. rings that are cast, fantasy, home made. Campaign made,,,there are just a couple here that are authentic!

DSCN4832.JPG (120.44 KB, 148 downloads)
DSCN4833.JPG (95.17 KB, 149 downloads)
DSCN4834.JPG (93.78 KB, 148 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 10/02/2021 04:52 AM.