Thank you very much for your much appreciated answer (and for the welcoming)!

I normally dont venture out too far from my HJ homelands but these two daggers just jumped at me at a surprisingly low cost well under normal market price, so as I said, I took a gambling. It was more or less the price alone that made me buy them, if I dont keep them just to display some other item, I will probably just pass them on again.

I certainly do agree with you though - questions should be asked before and not after the deal is done of course. As for the taking apart bit, I agree here as well. These daggers have apparently been disassembled before I did it and did come apart easily. But still I see destroyed daggers every now and then (SA nuts seem to have a special tendency to tempt people) and I sincerely appreciate your tip and concern. Perhaps not my smartest move.

Regarding the Heer: Yes, it is completely unmarked, including the tang. I can see what you mean by the blade being wide but I suspect that is has more to do with my photographing skills. Some kind of angle makes it look strange. I had to go check the dagger irl after you pointed it out for me, and concluded it has the same shape as a couple of other army daggers in my possession, from known makers. That being said - I do not for a second doubt your thoughts on it being a parts dagger or the blade perhaps being post war.
I am very greatful for your answer and to be honest i didnt even reflect on the fact that there are two washers. Your theory about the dagger being refitted sounds very reasonable to me. That is still slightly better than what i feared, though, since I thought maybe it was a complete fake.
I have never seen an eagle with such low detail before and couldnt find another one in any reference (if anyone knows a picture of another like that online or in a reference book - I would much appreciate a hint about where to look. I have all of Johnsons books and most of the other more known ones). As I said, I am a rookie when it comes to these things. Also - thank you very much for your thoughts on possible maker! Thats lightyears from my knowledge and very interesting!

The LW: Yes, it is a shame about the scabbard. I did pay accordingly. It has some condition issues overall. I had the same problem on this one as with the army: couldnt find another crossguard eagle that looked like it, until just recently when I found a crossguard for sale in Johnsons internet shop. Unfortunately they dont say with maker it is, but at least I found one that (to me) looks the same as mine.
About the material: I not sure, to be honest. It is the same material as the pommel. I would not say its brass, nor lightweight. Its not magnetic. My guess would be some alloy, not all that different from steel except the magnetism. (maybe brass after all? Im too inexperienced to tell, Im afraid). Again - maybe slightly better than i thought at least. I suspected a fake here as well.

Wow, this ended up longer than i meant. Im sorry, hope you bear with me.

You did lift my spirit a little, trigger my interest in re-reading some reference sources and look at more makers, and make me most greatful. Many and sincere thanks!