Hello Bayonnaise, first let me welcome you to this forum where you did your first postings. Generally I would recommend to show pics and ask questions before a aquisition is done. Otherwise it might come to a bad awakening and loss of money. I also would NEVER recommend to disamble edged weapons. In many cases the somehow frozen fit of 70+ years cannot be reconstructed by reassambling.

To your daggers: The army for me is an unmarked (no makersmark) one. I am not sure but I think to remember that this certain eagle crossguard can be traced down to the HOERSTER firm. Also the silver finish and the pommel reminds me of the HOERSTER company. There are two and even more different washers which is in my opinion uncommon. Perhaps someone has already disambled the dagger ahead of you and had to improve the fit of the parts. As these HOERSTERs did come with unmarked blades (beside marked versions) it is also possible that someone has switched blades. The middle segment of the blade is remarkable wide which would let me think of a postwar replacement.

The luft dagger has no scabbard. This is always a big minus for daggers. It is very hard if not impossible to trace down unmarked luft daggers to their manufacturer Also the leather washer which is very thick seems to be a replacement. I am not sure about the crossguard. Is it of leightweight material or brass???

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.