Hello, fellow collectors and much respected experts!

My first post on this forum - I hope that i dont look all too foolish right away ...

As I have been collecting HJ knives and european bayonets for the last 20 odd years, sometimes one or two completely different antiques come and go through my collection (im guessing you know how it goes - from "nice display piece" to too many different items and a wife thats not too fond of the porcelain having to make room for another helmet), though almost always from sources that I trust completely. Thats means Im not a complete stranger to handling 3rd reich memorabilia, but when it comes to Heer and Luftwaffe daggers, I must admit that I am a rookie. I honestly think that LW dagger in the pictures below might be the first one I hold in my hand, and as for Heer daggers this is probably perhaps my fifth one or so. So please dont laugh too hard at me ...

These two daggers are a recent purchase of mine. I took a chance and I was more ore less guessing regarding their authenticity. Once they ended up in my hands though, I honestly have my doubts.
I would say that especially the eagles scare me a little: the work on the Heer just seems to be of lesser quality then I would expect and the one on the LW looks like it might have had a few more drinks than I would have thought. Plus I cannot seem to find any identical ones in any reference.

So the question is simply: Did I get burned this time? Any thought or input would be greatly appreciated and I will be happy to post more pictures if requested.

Thank you all in advance and best regards!

/Johan

thumbnail_IMG_5416.jpg (119.38 KB, 174 downloads)
thumbnail_IMG_5418.jpg (101.82 KB, 170 downloads)
thumbnail_IMG_5419.jpg (66.59 KB, 170 downloads)
thumbnail_IMG_5420.jpg (92.52 KB, 170 downloads)
thumbnail_IMG_5421.jpg (95.43 KB, 170 downloads)