I think I have me too the documents you mention. Too bad a service document is IMO not enough to establish a real, solid evidence that every ring went with its box. In that document there is written the SS Leader is going to receive the ring, the box and the frame for the doc. But we don't know why; if it was a sort of "gift" or what.
Most of the other records talking about Honor Rings never mention anything about the box and the frame. IF it would have been "officially" made for all the rings, then it should have been mentioned in all the documents. Same for the frame (that no one has ever seen, and we only have "legends" about it).
Box is not mentioned anywhere, not pictured anywhere (only the first prototype is pictured...), and furthermore we know most of the rings were awarded without any box, but with a simple piece of paper. Of course, if you have some different informations, please share them, I think we all would be VERY happy to learn something new about!

About the grouping coming from families they could be 100% authentic of course, but we often don't know if for example the box was bought after the receiving of the ring... Maybe privately. Everything is possible when we have no informations.

What we know is that some boxes were given out along with the rings, most not. Why, how many, how... Is still unknown.

PS: thanks for sharing your boxes!

We, who have collected since decades, know, that nearly all is possible in our hobby. So it is possible that the boxes where privately aquired items, but I personally doubt it. The rings were bestowed to be worn, so a box did have no further sense but made sense in a dignified bestowal. Imho this is also the reason for that most of them did disappear as I am sure there have been much more around than the let´s say 20, 30 which are actually known beeing in collectors hands. We know the restrictions HH had in regard of the "SS" symbol so I doubt that anybody could design and produce such a box as a private item. But as you, Antonio, says, we don´t know anything for sure.

What would be interesting for me is, in which sequence (if we assume that the boxes were useat the bestowal) the different boxes had their appearance? I think the smooth, simple one I did show was the first one. Lateron followed by the one with the stripes (the most comon one but also in my eyes the most desirable). Finally the one whith the border but without stripes. and I think between the first one (smooth) mentioned and the second one (stripes) there was another one we still could not see in this thread?

Antonio, you also have a series of impressive boxes!

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.