Originally Posted by wotan
boxes did come with their rings between July 1938 (I have the files of an SSleader in which it is explicitly mentioned that the leader has to get the ring, the ringbox and A WOODEN FRAME for the bestowal document) and Dezember 1943 (I got a group directly from the family consisting of ring, dokument and ringbox). So for me it is clear that the boxes did have their appearance already before and still after these dates. HH.was very picky about these things therefore I personally do belive that all or nearly all rings, at least in this timeframe, did come with the certain box which did change during the period.
I think I have me too the documents you mention. Too bad a service document is IMO not enough to establish a real, solid evidence that every ring went with its box. In that document there is written the SS Leader is going to receive the ring, the box and the frame for the doc. But we don't know why; if it was a sort of "gift" or what.
Most of the other records talking about Honor Rings never mention anything about the box and the frame. IF it would have been "officially" made for all the rings, then it should have been mentioned in all the documents. Same for the frame (that no one has ever seen, and we only have "legends" about it).
Box is not mentioned anywhere, not pictured anywhere (only the first prototype is pictured...), and furthermore we know most of the rings were awarded without any box, but with a simple piece of paper. Of course, if you have some different informations, please share them, I think we all would be VERY happy to learn something new about!

About the grouping coming from families they could be 100% authentic of course, but we often don't know if for example the box was bought after the receiving of the ring... Maybe privately. Everything is possible when we have no informations.

What we know is that some boxes were given out along with the rings, most not. Why, how many, how... Is still unknown.

PS: thanks for sharing your boxes!

C0.jpg (43.55 KB, 215 downloads)
Last edited by Antonio Scapini; 06/14/2021 02:25 PM.