Hello Den,

Very nice, typical Eickhorn Christmas scabbard!
I must have been confusing yours with the one of another full Röhm Eichorn Christmas dagger, posted here on GDC some 15 years ago. That one was really beat up!

I do understand some of your arguments to make that database, but how would you see that?
The list with Eickhorn Christmas daggers, that you made in the previous post is already very complete. Will more of these be surfacing? Maybe one or two in the coming decades... maybe none...

Making detailed photo's publicly available will not be a good idea, in my opinion, because that is what fakers are looking for. The only reason that all the fakes are still relatively easy to recognize is because, until now, the owners of original daggers were very careful with the distribution of close-up photo's.
Believe me, for the prices that these daggers fetch, a lot of effort will be put in getting the details right. One of the Christmas SS-daggers was already getting very close to the real thing and even fooling some of the dealers, who had seen and handled some originals before...

Best regards,

Herman

You never have enough HJ-knifes!