Now concerning the database. I am not going to judge or declare this or that dagger good or bad. But having collected as much information as possible, this will give more chances to separate the wheat from the chaff. Anyone who wants to spend a couple of days on the Internet will collect all the known daggers. Moreover, this information has already been given by the owners. Why when buying a car you look at its service book, but when buying a rare dagger it is not necessary? As a buyer, I would be interested and given confidence that the history of this dagger can be traced back for a long time. For example, the following people have Eickhorn's daggers.

1. Herman. You yourself have repeatedly posted his photo.
2. RevYJ. Dagger with full Roem. Was discussed by one topic above.
3. Paul, he posted this information here himself.
4. Me. My dagger appeared on the WAF, and many photos were shown by the veteran's grandson to all potential buyers in PM and in topics on the WAF, WRF.
5. Another Eickhorn, which was sold many years ago by Craig. Although I know the new owner, he does not want to advertise himself, but even information from Craig is enough.

Perhaps there are 1-2 more daggers, but their legalization will just be a problem if you collect a high-quality base. Since they are not known in the community, their appearance will be greeted with caution. There is a little more information on other varieties and not every sale resonated with collectors. But it is also available, only it takes more time. So what are we trying to hide? All this information Secret de Polichinelle is an open secret. Therefore, I suggested collecting information in one place, and not discussing subjects and making a verdict on them. You noticed that, for example, on the SS dagger, I wrote about its existence, but did not specify anything. First of all, there are different opinions on it, including you and me. Secondly, although I could use a photo from the topic of discussion, I believe that any potential buyer MUST read well-known topics and draw their own conclusions, and not make a purchase of such a rarity based on my or your opinion. It is necessary to take into account opinions, but he must draw a conclusion on his own. Therefore, a new unknown dagger may turn up, the seller or the customer wants to discuss it, he will create a separate topic. This will judge originality.

P.S. Herman, you were misled by the photo. My dagger has a wrinkled back side of the scabbard, the front side is quite straight. I didn’t do anything with the scabbard, because I think it’s not right to change or improve such a dagger. These dents are his chronicle.

P.P.S. Sorry for long text, and my bad English.

1-2.jpg (36.56 KB, 352 downloads)
1-1.jpg (38.68 KB, 351 downloads)

Buy Casberg sketches.