Hello Den,

That is a super cool display of your Christmas daggers!
Are those playing cards also from the 1930ies?

Your argument about the internet and communications is indeed a valid one. I remember that back in the early 2000's, during the golden era of this forum, even some bigger dealers did not know what a Christmas dagger was... But it is also about odds: the chance that 4 or 5 daggers of one type (that never was seen before), are surfacing in just a couple years is as good as unexisting... But lets focus on the SA i this topic.

I still remember when your Eickhorn Christmas surfaced here on GDC. For me it was an easy one to authenticate, because it had all the features requested and because of its condition: mainly the scabbard, but also the blade. This is not how fakers operate; they want to maximally blow up the value, so they try to produce high quality pieces.

About the pictures, there have been several cases of photo fraud in the past and most of the ones you posted here, are highly questioned by the collecting community...

Did you know that a Christmas full Röhm by Eickhorn was already shown in a reference book back in 1981, "Les dagues du IIIe Reich" by Charles Mermet and Jean Marfault?

Finally, please allow me to ask you: during your search for SA Christmas and small "A" daggers, how many fakes did you encounter? Did you take pictures of these or can you describe them?
It would be highly appreciated, if you would share that experience and information here.

Best regards,

Victorman

Last edited by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann); 03/27/2021 03:08 PM.

You never have enough HJ-knifes!