Originally Posted by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
Hi Den70,

That could indeed be very well the SA-event I have posted some pictures from!
It is great to see that you get your information from period documents like this "Der SA-mann"!
Unfortunately, I personally have never seen any unquestionable picture of an SS officer wearing a Christmas dagger...

Also, general level officers, who are ruining their daggers in just a few months... that is something I cannot believe in.
Maybe they were not wearing them in public before 1934, but these daggers are not just 4 months new...

Best regards,

Herman

Viktorman, although not everyone will agree with me, but if we, collectors, do not exchange information, we will not be able to get closer to solving the secrets of our hobby and it will be easy for scammers to take advantage of our ignorance. I thank my colleagues who share information with me. If we, the owners of Christmas daggers, exchange information, we can protect all collectors from fake ones. One collector wrote to me that he has Eichhorn's Christmas dagger in his collection, but most importantly he has a whole blade! Unfortunately, Roem's dedication is given to the factory, and the handle has questions. BUT this gives us another piece of our puzzle. Unfortunately, I cannot share his photo.

Now for the SS officers who were awarded SS daggers. Of course, in the old photos, we will not consider the runes on the button or the motto on the blade. But we can see many photographs of January 1934 when SS members wear daggers with old style eagle. There are also publications in the press that the Headquarters on Christmas 1933 awarded some members of the SS with the mention of their names. Since at the same time there is already a photo of Roem with his dagger on which there are already two buttons with the runes of both organizations, so it logically follows that at this time there could be an SS dagger. We also have a document in January 1934, which describes two versions of the dagger for the SS and SA with differences.

gettyimages-541080351-2048x2048.jpg (86.52 KB, 175 downloads)
sepp1.jpg (72.24 KB, 174 downloads)
11112.jpg (84.79 KB, 175 downloads)

Buy Casberg sketches.