Hello collector friends, there is a new update: In Jill Halcomb s excellent book "Uniforms and Insignia of the German Foreign Office and Government Ministries 1938-1945" this certain portepee is clearly mentioned on page 125 in combination with the well known but extremely rare Foreign Office Bayonet (although my knot did come without any doubt attached to a diplomat s dagger, worn this way during the period). There is also a somehow simplified (slightly out of form) drawing of the portepee on such a mentioned bayonet.
It seems also clear that the certain photograph used by T.T.W. is in the same book on page 187. But this photograph shows -at least mainly if not only- Gov. officials therefore I highly doubt they were allowed to wear this certain diplomats knot and I believe that the imagination of wearing such knots in this pic only arose due to the relatively bad quality of the pic.

Up to now I still would look for a photograph in which we can doubtless recognize this certain knot worn on any edged weapon during the period before 45 and I would also pay a premium for selling such a pic to me.

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.