thanks for the info / comments..

Not sure if its the same book but there is the novel Ring of the Namejs [?] that had a published date of 1928,,probably the same book in one form or another..

I wrote 'stories because thats what they are,,Dukes, Father to Sons etc. . There is the legend you mentioned that was born.
But with the rings folk legend and its symbolism etc. whether real or fantasy with the rings association to solidarity, unity etc. and your mention of rings found in the late 30s made in the 13th cen.they were probably made on and off since then.

We can not say that some in a group of postwar freedom fighters did not wear the ring in the 50s. I write this because of a couple emails I received that these rings were found in Latvian, Baltic WW2 areas and again from 'stories' about the FFs wearing them.. IF these collectors have such a ring in their collection all I'm saying is that IF they like it it would be fine in my opinion to include in their collection..

It's a interesting ring with a few different stories/legends about it that is a good read..., Thanks , G.

Last edited by Gaspare; 05/14/2020 12:23 PM.