Just post the pictures.. People on the forum and other websites steal my photos and call it ( the old fair use excuse) Many in Russia and other European forums

The Team has to get there story straight.

Tom Wittmann has wrote that these all have surfaced in the last 2 years..

{{{The first Prototype SS example was brought to my attention a couple of years ago by a veteran family member who had an example, (he didn't know what is was at the time) and was good enough to send me photographs. It was an astounding discovery and one of the most important edged weapons to surface to the collecting community in many years. I had the pleasure of conversing extensively with the individual that owned it, and in fact gave him an idea of its worth after he sent me some photographs. The owner, once he realized the value, (like people seem to do), did contact various members in our collecting community, and was successful in selling the Prototype for slightly more than the figure I felt it was worth. It was a good deal for both people!

As things go in this hobby, new discoveries tend to cause the surfacing of other pieces that may have languished for years being unidentified in collections or family treasures. Now that three of these SS Prototypes have come to the attention of the collecting community, }} end quote....

While I'm friends with Tom (he was very much the gentlemen and bought me supper at the last SOS!! I do not agree with his opinion from pictures. But I'm sure that does not matter..
So it seems in the last 2 years 3-4 of these have just materialized and to sell them or to keep them sold (The Team) has to write what appears to be a scholarly pamphlet based on a few copied photos .
The pamphlet falls way short of period proof. 3rd 4th generation photos really?? Need at least the 1st generation photos for a starter . The Pamphlet does not even have all the early SS dagger makers listed..There are others known that are not on the internet .
As a faker TO THE STARS told me once (THE SHOW MUST GO ON) ......
I really enjoy the hobby but on the last 10 to 15 years it is all smoke and mirrors and greed..... And there needs to be a house cleaning..
This post is not directed to Tom Wittmann in any way.. He is a Great person and passionate collector.. It is directed only to these daggers that so badly need to be blessed by a team or village .. And it seems they also (self authenticate themselves). And that is a problem ..

Last edited by DAMAST; 03/18/2020 04:34 AM.

Collector of Edged Weapon art.