Originally Posted by SScollector
Hello everyone!

First, I would like to say thank you to those who invited me to this discussion.
If I may offer my opinions on this subject, (I am a supporter of die striking, although I personally believe that they were "pressed" in such a way that would be more like a forging, or perhaps an in-between, stamping/forging type method). I do not believe that the originals were made from liquid metal casting. The major problem with this whole debate, imo, is the lack of proper evidence. All of the best fakes out there are absolutely cast and these high end fakes are everywhere. So, if we are examining fakes to start with, thinking that they are original, then we will of course, come to believe that they are all cast because 99% of all TK rings out there are cast, and are of course, fake. Most of you would be surprised as to how many fake rings there are that were shown as original in books, posted on websites for sale, and come with COAs, etc.

Anyway, over the next few days, I would like to try to take some better photos of my vet aquired original near mint TK ring and post some comparison photos here along with some of these high end fakes that I have mentioned. Hopefully, this might help in this debate in some way. Again, thanks for the invite, and I hope that we can all have a friendly and productive debate here. I am not a fan of how rude people are in other forums over this topic, but this forum seems to be calm and friendly. I am open minded and I do read and respect everyone's opinion, whichever side you are supporting.

Thanks again!

Chris

So what? That's all?