Originally Posted by lartiste

Can you provide photos of the ring or at least to mention name and date mentioned on the ring?

Hello, I did own the ring long time ago therefore unfortunately no relevant pics. But I did study the ring excessive and there is no doubt this trace could ONLY be caused by a cold die stamping process. A part of one of the runes symbols had been really torn out (obviously when the die had been withdrawn). The metal structure of the remaining base material and it s surroundings, studied with a 10 times magnificent glass, did let no other conclusion. This certain failur in all it s structure could happen NO WAY by any casting process. And as said, the origin of the ring (out of the family of the former wearer), the whole condition (really! unworn) and especially the exeptional finish did show that the failur did happen "in house" at GAHR. As I did own the ring for several years and I did study it again and again you can take to the banc what I stated. Or simply leave it.

Also @Gaspare: It has been a ring from 43 therefore very late. Overall it has been a "textbook" (how I hate this expression, especially in the connex with TKRs) ring with no other abnormalities.

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.