Sorry gents, I can t hold back any more. Imho there is so much ignorance, misinterpretation and overlooking of facts in these TKR-manufacture threads that it is simply breathtaking.

Eg. the "signs" in post #345525 do show -by experts and skilled workers- well known "Tremblieren" (this is a technical term from engravers) which either can be done by purpose or develops by chance and has not the least to do with a casting process.

One of the cadinal errors for sure is to know much too few about the certain time and it s sense and the philosophy of producers but try to tear out conclusions to find facts about the production process by interpreting certain traces - commonly on an at least slightly up to heavy worn rings which leads to glaring misinterpretations.
I know, original and truely unworn rings are not to get on each street corner. But only such ones can possibly give the CHANCE to study what exactly has happened with a piece during production and how it has been delivered.
I wonder how much of you all ever has seen the noninterchangeable ring wrapping paper unique by the Gahr firm. Or have had in hands the paperbag in wich a ring has been delivered by the Gahr firm and which datas are mentioned on such a bag.

I do really like those collectors/experts who yesterday did stand for a kind of die stamping, today represent the opinion of a casting proces and tomorrow think of any unrealistic centrifuge, galvanic or multiple part manufactring process. Yes, we all do learn every day and knowledge can expand and nothing is written in stone! But I for myself do ask how hard such experts truely did/do examine and understand the TKRings therefore to be able to change their opinions in such a drastic way. And I wonder what will come next.
I would not write this all if imho there would not be a certain danger in and behind these disorientations: To scatter uncertainty so that good done fakes which appear on the stage could be looked as originals.

Just my 2 ct.

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.