Originally Posted by JR

"I have to disagree, because you can have flaws in a female die for stamping like in a mold for casting"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ric,
Can you show us an example of a 3rd Reich item which is stamped or die struck, that exhibits the multitude of flaws that an SSTK shows? Any badges, awards, metal cap insignia, links on an SS chain dagger, anything at all that you can think of, manufactured by pressure, that is loaded with flaws?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello JR,

any die struck item (private purchase rings, SS cap skulls, SS cap eagles, ecc.) may show flaws, but it's not the amount of them (few or a dozen) to help us to determine the way they were made.

Presence of flaws on a die struck item may depends on many reasons : a worn die, damnaged die, even some dirt in the die may cause flaws on a die struck item.

I also collect SS cap skulls and eagles even if it's not my field and we both know that WAF archive is plenty of discussions showing 100 % original items like mentioned ones showing flaws.

Ric

P.S. in the case our friend Chris (SScollector on WAF) could post here some examples ?