Apologies if I have messed up the IT bit. I'll see if I can get one of my children to help. Trouble is, two of them have been out and about enjoying the end of the school holidays (and they are teachers). My daughter is in China or Hong Kong or Spain or Wales or...

May I ask why the name of the dealers are so important - the one who sold the dagger and the second who I consulted as a favour on a photo-only basis? The seller was happy to issue a receipt stating "Genuine, original early SA marine dagger with original scabbard". The second dealer said that the item was definitely a bit odd but that the totality seemed to work and no one bit appeared to be obviously "off" - just unsual: "white" nickel fittings; black roundel background,etc. He would obviously need to handle the dagger to issue a definitive view. And as one respected US dealer comments, 1933 daggers were "a la carte".

I cannot put these dealers' names on the forum without their very express permisson when there are suggestions that a "parts" dagger has been peddled as genuine - even if the cross-guards are solid nickel, correctly internally stamped to each other, and show a metal-to-metal fit (including to the scabbard throat) and wood-to-metal fit (subject to unavoidable shrinkage across the gain) which beats even a 1052/38SS. Asking such permission could wreck a long-standing and valued business relationship.

Thank you all for your time and tips. As soon I can grab one of my children and manacle him or her to the kitchen table, I will try and send compliant pictures.