Many guys here on the site don't look from one forum to another.. So I'm posting this for you guys, the guys that know jewelry..

On the hunting/shooting dagger forum I posted the original topic about this piece years ago.. I had a photo of the reverse I had promised I'd never post while the owner was alive. It showed the original Swastika that had been rebuilt. I still believe its the only photo of it.. Anyway,,

Seems some guys on the other forum don't like the piece.! It has a great provenance. But they don't like the provenance,,or doesn't mean anything [?].. It came From the Sgt. that originally acquired it , to his friend, to the pawn shop that called Bill Blynn ,[who has since passed away a few years ago]. Mr.Blynn went to many lengths going about documenting that provenance and did... Three people in between Goring owning it and Mr.Blynn!..

OK, Most damming they say is,,,The piece was made with a Stags head on it.. But, seems like the official emblem for the DJ is a Skull of a stag.! That the TIME cover is a skull.
What could have happened?. Maybe the design was given to the jeweler by description and it just said 'Stags Head'. Maybe they knew and made something special for Goring. It's something we'll never know why..

But the piece was made with a head with flesh and fur on it and apparently there is no other piece of DJ regalia without a Skull so this piece must be a fake..
Guys,,I didn't post there,,but myself and others have seen Bills research and the photo show a Stags head with flesh/fur on it!! Yes!
See it was easy to see on Bills research but not when you look quickly at the TIME cover.
I offer this as the evidence:
See, one red line shows a nice full head. Not a thinner skull with high cheekbones, thinner nose area of a Skull. I nice full head..

2nd and 3rd most conclusive is:the other line shows a Ear. There is the exact ear on the piece! There is no DJ emblem seen that has the flesh/fur on it. That includes an ear! There are no ears on any DJ emblem! ALSO,, the TIME cover and the piece both show a small pair of 'antlers' on the head blue line. No DJ expert but from doing a bit of looking I see no DJ emblem with this small pair of antlers on it..

So yes,, the piece shown IS the same piece as seen on the TIME cover.. But you guys already knew that. Enjoy!.
Thanks , G.

HGT7b.jpg (39.01 KB, 98 downloads)
HGT2.JPG (72.04 KB, 99 downloads)
HGTa2.jpg (26.49 KB, 96 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 08/24/2019 05:03 PM.