Correct, provenance means nothing for example (the so and so collection) (came from a veterans family) (so and so sold it so it must be good) (if he invested this much into it it must be original)
(so and so wanted to buy it also) (found it in a basement payed nothing for it).. In general this is all window dressing..
You have also said this a couple of times the term (lost) ????
I do not understand as a quick search on the internet and I found it for sale on (THE) website many pictures.. Nothing to lose . Matter of fact I think it has been polished as some of the scratches are gone.. And the same commentary is provided in the description.. And what a website it is..
Guess I have been very lucky in my buying of 20s and 30s era German jewelry as all have either content stamp or maker.. Even with rubies and red coral etc..Even the Big leader stuff as Dave put it.. But than I collect certain Jewelers and artists. I have not looked at my Goldsmiths mags Yet and German handwork books..
I own bound copies of Life 30s to 70s and the picture does not help your cause.. Just look at it..
Again as I buy on the merits of the item 1st and it is great if you can find period reference.
A collector should not be talked into buying a item if you need to be there is a problem as the item should sell itself..
Maybe ask the checkbook if it is OK. original real high-end stuff always sells..
Just a opinion ..

Last edited by DAMAST; 08/22/2019 03:12 AM.