So this ring reads ?Ialta? with the date 1942 on it. Had to research what nation spelled Yalta as Ialta, and the only hit that came back was the Wikipedia.ro (Romania) for Ialta meaning Yalta, Crimea. After researching the date and the place and the nation attached- I came to find it was most likely a Romanian 3rd Army mans ring. Along side the Wehrmacht, they went through Crimea and laid siege to Sevastopol by mid summer 1942. The Romanian Axis - i did not know very much about until I read about them. These guys were brutal. Highly effective at intimidation and outright brutality- throughout operation munchen and beyond- many operated essentially as einsatzgruppen along the corridor all the way to the Caucasus. Only about a size 9, deeply patinated piece, having trouble making out the winged element upon the cartouche. I would guess it an eagle as were common amongst many states as a symbol especially in the east.. but the details are too tough for me to discern. I have never seen another. Has anyone another Romanian ring from a campaign or other? Private purchase, jeweler made, etc? Thanks for reading.