guys in the 40 years of collecting rings I have enough to do 2 books. One done already and a contact to print it... But it all means nothing..

This ring I show. A simple WW ring probably the most common of them at one time.. I can promise you this - It was never made in Silver. No adverts, no trade guilds, none in old collections, nothing.. Brass alloy with a silver wash period..
But this ring was posted on a European forum. I immediately said its a fake.. The response,,,'what the hell do I know.. I dug that ring just last week'..
There is enough faults to see without even better photos, even that it was not pressed. But they believed the digger and called for my head to the administrator!.

Check out any book on the Krim shield! The most ridiculous things ever in print. Variants of variants. Rare ,but a few made and I have one etc etc.

Dave,,daggers and rings are apples and oranges.. You have a ton of info on daggers. Actual specs!, they were only made one way!!!.. You have the 2 Toms that brought back actual pounds and pounds of parts. Books from Soligen etc.,,no, nothing like a ring friends.. And most rings were not required to be hallmarked during the 3rd reich!

I tell you now if any of you can think you can determine a original silver WB or GAB your just bragging.. 10 years ago in Warsaw 'My cousin Vinny' and I were in the factory that makes their awards. They were/are making perfect copies... I even got info for Don Bible to a place using a 10 ton press to make police discs! I paid the price by being thrown out on my head more than once... This is not brain surgery guys!!

IF things continue to go well and I can get the rest of my translations I will hand in the drive at the MAX to the publisher. I'm only do this out of respect for my friend who passed Goetz [Odal] and my living mentor and old friend Andy..
So you guys have a happy resurrection Sunday this Sunday and the rest of you the next Sunday!!

Zs-l1600 (22).jpg (18.97 KB, 135 downloads)