hi fred
this bayonet your describing was it eagle waffen amptd on the scabard ball like pauls late 1944 bayonet or was it plain sorry this is what happnes in an opinion situation here we are listning and looking at this bayonet that really looks good but not stamped right as i said before many late war bayonets was not stamped properly please remember the germans lost the war in 1943 so no quality was comeing out of these factorys just what the germans could get out to the troops three weeks ago i picked up two german mauser rifles kreigs models a pair taken from factory late war which was never diped finished in phostate or the once dipped in blueing which was just a wash rinse and out the door i can just hear the uneducated customer saying my rifles has been chromed what a shame i will try and educate him thats not my opinion your opinion oh well sorry got away from the topic but i stick to my opinion unless these bayonets are in my hands for my finale opinion ok pleasure talking god bless andy militarynut