Originally Posted by Fitzer
Thanks Riiterkreuz.

The lighter green version matches the size of the other police bayonet knots (officer and NCO) in my collection and is definitely not a sword knot. IMO I think this a different type of (unidentified) police knot, I am not convinced that a different type of dye was used on the lower part of the knot that somehow fades while the top part stays the darker green. The color distinction is too uniform as well plus the fabric on this knot is a stiff rubber much different from the softer cloth-like fabric on my other Officer and NCO knots, There are other examples out there but tough to find. Here is another: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/original-ww2-german-police-sword-33416773

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Unless I indicate otherwise, I only give information that is fact, supported by period sources from 1936 to 1945 such as the Ministerial Blatter, Polizei Kalendars or Leitfadens I have assembled in my library over the past forty years. The only color mentioned on the knots for the police is green. I would read with interest any discovery you might make.

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557