I'm a big believer in doing your own research and investing time and money in pursuing this hobby..
Be it a reference book , internet sites or forums one has to remember where did the author or poster find his information or images...
Are they writing or posting correct information ? And if not is it because they do not have personal experience in this subject or the people supplying them with information have a agenda or ??
There are many great reference books out there on the subject of edged weapon collecting are they 100% correct in the information contained in them (no) but this can also be said about internet reference sites and forums that seem to be the rage now..

I posted on a thread on this forum to prove a point but what I posted was also (incorrect) (inaccurate)... I posted that all original art done by Paul Casberg is (NOT ) signed in pencil..
In my rush in responding to the post thread I made a error as there is original art in city archives and museums signed in pencil. I looked back in photos I took in public archives in Europe..
How do I know this? By researching original art in museums and city archive collections, untainted by collector or dealer embellishments.
Also by having access to original documents NOT available to public and in private collections as to who printed and did the artwork for Eickhorn catalogs.
As some of the artwork was done by Arthur Eickhorn.
Original art done by Paul Casberg WILL be signed in pencil.... But here is a fly in the ointment ,or issue.. Many pieces of original Casberg art were NOT signed... As Time has gone on and different pieces of his art has changed hands on a few now a signature has appeared ,some art not even done by Casberg's hands.. Always the same style rigid, not flowing post death signature..
YES original (prints) (not original Art but limited prints) are signed in pencil this is known
Again I apologize for posting incorrect information on the internet ..

I'm always learning and researching this hobby and will never be done with my quest to find the answers and correct information. Be it in public archives or private..
I'm still a big believer in books and printed documents as some websites have disappeared along with all images and information posted be it correct or not..
What is posted on the internet is not permanent or remain available to view.. This is a fact and has been proven many times...
Regards: James