Dave, probably I have to clarify some points.

Firstly, the work on this project is currently in the process and it is difficult to predict when it will be finished. At the moment I'm focused on collecting information. To do this we request original documents from different archives and do our best to examine physically documents and original photos. For this we visit the NARA, the Library of Congress, the Bundesarchive, the Archive of Solingen, Yad Vashem and various other places where original documents, newspapers or photographs are located. Sometimes we have to wait for a long time and seek friends who will be able to visit the archive and place an order for documents reproduction on-site. For example, concerning Casberg, in accordance with German Federal law on archive materials we waited half a year for the expiration of limitations on use of documents and then another half a year while my friend was able to visit the Landesarchiv in Berlin and order them, because online orders were not accepted. We arranged a tour to Solingen and Munich to visit archives because their collections are not digitized, while their available catalog proved to be helpless on our subject of research. We spent there two weeks studying local period newspapers and available documents. Therefore, statements that we collect information only from the Internet are not true. But of course, any help from collectors with their period photos, images of objects from their private collections, newspapers or documents that they could find is welcome and we always apply for such help.

Secondly, I am deeply convinced that the more information is available, the easier it will be for collectors and harder for scammers. The statements that showing all nuances of original pieces can help swindlers bring their fakes to perfection do not hold water. Uneducated collectors or their laziness along with scarcity of information play into swindlers` hands. Some collectors do not see any point in buying literature to educate themselves, others are too lazy even to look for information on forums. Anyway, gaps in knowledge cause not only financial losses resulting from fakes purchase but also disappointment and even disgust from collecting. I know examples when a person having bought a fake and figuring it out in time decided to sell his items off and quit collecting, switched to other less risky objects.

Below my thoughts why such reference sites can be useful. In my library I have books by Johnson, Angolia and other authors that were published within 50s - 70s. Information and text content seem to be outdated for the present moment even in comparison with the books by Wittmann. Nowadays we can enjoy newly published books in which there are a lot of new information and better quality images. Relatively not long ago emerged websites about Heer, Kriegsmarine and LF2. Perhaps they still, like Johnson books, lack excellent text content or high quality images, but in my opinion, these books and sites facilitate collector`s learning and help avoid making mistakes in the course of formation of their collection.

Our world has become digital. Many museums are digitizing their collections, young collectors more often search an answer in the Internet rather than in books. If not to incorporate new technologies with well-established knowledge, then who will need our stuff, only a narrow circle of collectors 40 + ???

If members of this respected by me community are reluctant to help me, I can understand them and respect their choice. But I have also my right to continue research and, if possible, to share knowledge.

P.S. Regarding the site on DLV, if anyone is still interested. At the moment, there are 3 original orders that were kindly provided by Wilhelm Saris, as well as a number of publications in the newspapers. There are photos featuring wearing and certain features of these daggers. We have compiled and structured the list of producers (perhaps it requires amendments) and overview of their characteristics. Some of those pieces were personally examined by me, some by colleagues. We also compared objects to each other. But of course there are still pieces that were studied only from photos.

Buy Casberg sketches.