hi gaspare
thank you for clarifing your coments on weird /horrible on these historic ss honor rings i apoligize if i made you uncomfotble also i know i some times get excited myself and cant understand some peoples wording untill they clarifi themselves also i have to agree with your sayings about hints of these ss honor rings being pressed i believe with what i was told years ago they were pressed cut sized first then after being pressed the master jewelers at the gahr firm joined the seam putting on the early 1930s skull up to the transisunal 1939 skulls which was thicker in size then the master jewelers started to boldly carve out the runics as silver was soft material to work with so the runics would look raised i used to watch the master jewelers down on cannal street n.y.c.forty or more years ago do this type of custom work just amazing to watch these masters turn out thier master pieces sadly now those masters are gone to the gahr firm in the sky most of these masters were european jewelers that did this type of custom work last in my opinion the wear on these historic honor rings are probly from the the silver content that was used high silver or low silver content that was used but any way this is my opinion on how they were made i hope this helps to answer some of this mystery around these great ss honor rings that we all can possibly research and who owned them we here are the keepers of this german history hope all our members agree see you all at the great mighty max show cant wait to show all my treasures there plus they are all for sale just ask and the rest we all can talk about god bless andy militarynut