The numbers were assigned to specific inspectors who had their own teams that varied in size, and depending on the location the type of items they inspected. Some were for a very long times. But they could also be transferred or discontinued for some reason. Which is what happened with the Mauser (rifle factory) inspectors that were transferred to Czechoslovakia to work with the preexisting Mauser type rifle operations to bring them into production, and generally conform to German Army/Wehrmacht specifications. The style of Waffenamts another factor that is time sensitive. With all that said this is a first for me. From memory without doing any looking further into the matter, one of TMJ's books had a Waffenamted Hitler Youth knife that I spent a long time trying to find a comparable example for sale so I could have one of my own. But that never happened because it turned out to be a PW altered fake. To be clear I'm not saying that is the case here - but my experience tends to make me cautious with items that are outside the normal parameters. They did not inspect the millions of the ordinary bayonet frogs that were put to hard use on a daily basis - so what is special with a shoulder strap that required it to be inspected? Best Regards, Fred