hi mike
i just would like to add my three cents in here yes l.e. baker made private purchase knives for prople i believe he is mentioned in coles knife book along with many outhers this knife shown appears in my opinion not to be that old nicely made and as you said nice sweeping tip to the blade also did you notice the cut on the handle side of the blade looks lika bottle opener simular to the ww2 made eck fighting knife if i was to guess this knife made maybe in the 1970s now back to early ww2 knife makers of america machinests and just men makeing knives were called apon by our govt. to make any style knives for our fighting me in mostly the south pacfic theater most famious knife maker is randalls from florida these knives are the most sort after in the collectors world all most as valuble as a ss dagger he made many many knives for vietnam veterans and last your right many of these fighting knives were made from files old steel bars etc what ever didnt go in the scrap pile a knife was made from it hope you guys all agree god bless great posts thanks guys andy militarynut