At this point the waf thread has descended into the motivations of the Germans who made the ring as being irrelevant to the inquiry at hand so I believe I have made my last post over there. I recall at sos 2015 Andy showing me and vinny an iron cross made some way or with some material that was non standard, I believe it was a brass core, or something to that effect- the first question Andy asked us was why we thought that happened. We of course could not guess, and Andy said if the Germans were anything- they were intentional. Not a mistake. Brass does not oxidize in the same way as iron, he said- and this was a KM mans cross. They had to withstand saltwater conditions. Sorry for the story but it always stuck with me as an example of understanding the maker and their motivations. It is deeply insightful- and how important is that to understanding the HR...? Is there anything more important than that? Otherwise it is just a piece of metal. To that point- take a look at this band! Is it an old smoothie? No... the engraving on the inside only says HOU Titanium. That is my wedding band.