Ric,, forget about die cast.. True die cast,,like the toy cars.. It involves a permanent mold,,molten metal, injected with pressure, gages to check etc etc. . Wasn't done back then, and not now.. IF it ws a viable method for mass production of rings it would still be used because its more refined now than ever..

Gahr getting it already drawn as a bilaminate? Can't imagine it. Most rings were pre war,,maybe up to 42. But when things started to go badly no one was buying PP rings. Now the HR was a present from the RFdSS! So I guess he could and did what he wanted. but to have a company take the time, the important materials that were needed [the HR was made until 44] I just can't see a company making drawn, ready to use material like that,,,,just my opinion...

So Gahr would have had to been making this bi laminate himself!! Again,,just my opinion,, I can't see it!!

Could the tests be wrong about it being a bilaminate? Maybe some kind of contamination?.. Look at the worn smooth ring above.. Wouldn't we see something ,,anything show such a 2 part construction? I'm up in the air about some of the testing. Things go wrong. The one test he said the outside is 88% maybe lower for the outer band.. It's been tested more than once. All showed over 90% silver..

Biggest question as I see it now is,,,WHY? Why 2 piece, the tin in the solder is no big deal. ?BUT, if he claims there is a Tin band inside the HR,,,Why? It's not saving anything ,,it certainly makes it more complicated to make.
Why would you think so Ric?