Dear Wotan,

Thanks for your input. I'm writing an article for the IMC magazine at the moment about metal dagger tags so it is important that I do it right. Monday I can borrow two extra Eickhorn tags for examination. But do you agree that based on the microscopic pictures of the eye of the squirrel on the paper insert, the texture of the paper and the printing method looks pretty much the same? And with this kind of magnification, I assume you must see the dot pattern from a computer printed paper, which is not the case here. Plus if they want to make a perfect copy, they need to find paper material with the same texture, no?

I'm scared to dead to remove the paper insert from the metal disk. I do have a picture from the unfolded paper insert that is send to me by a friendly Skipper Greenwade.

Some advanced collectors said to me that the metal disk is not copied for the moment. Is it safe to assume that statement? Is it safe to assume that ,albeit a very simple object, this tag is not so easy to copy in a perfect way without special machinery? A combat award can simply be cast in a mold, taken from the original but with this tags the situation is bit different.