Look hard enough you will see anything. Tried to really show these so called inner bands so I took these 2 well known, certified, documented original rings downstairs and snapped pics with the light from my downstairs fridge at night. Used a basic photo editor magnifying tool and voila here you go a conspiracy theory is born. What do you see in this cloud? What does this inkblot mean to you? That is all we have been playing over this silliness. There could be a metallurgical difference between the inner and outer bands sure. What could cause that? I do not know but probably much much more than one thing. Anyhow one ring is a 30s, one is a 40s. Likely obvious by the early vs later ring differences we are all aware of by now. Some may say they see inner rings with different metal qualities. I have realized these angles shadows lines impressions could be just about anything. But no gahr jewelers are alive today to answer these questions, and we did not work there either so let us call speculations and observations just that. It is a matter of opinion and as I said on the other forum- if you own a real ring, you know it.. And It is awesome.