Well I do not subscribe to it either Ron for a number of reasons. Primarily because it is an unnecessary step that even in the face of German over engineering still does not make sense. I own a very nice private purchase skull ring that has a hollow skull of course and has interior engraving really very similar to Gahr engraving. It has a date of October 1935. We know how these kinds of rings were made and what they were made of. Engraved In the flat or in the round, there is no second, separate inner band, of course. Antonio himself did in fact make a passionate point for engraving in the round as it pertained to a cast as a round ring theory. There was no inner band necessary there either. COULD there be an inner band, is there a bevel or line evident on many rings? Yep. Both of mine have what appears to be a bevel or an inner line. But is it necessarily two rings, or a ring and an inner ring? I sincerely doubt it, but I am willing to entertain it as an interesting observation, which is in fact, the only thing we are studying here. Hey look what I can see here in this utterly ambiguous image is completely subjective and is not an scientific inquiry by any stretch of the imagination, but it does lead to some entertaining videos and neat-o magnified pictures.