He's made some ,,what I would call some wild claims.. Now this is just me gents, my opinions.
He's stating there is a Tin band in the center of the band.. He does n't explain why?, or what it would do? or how exactly it gets in there... right so far yes...

OK. I worked in the A/C business for about 13 years [air conditioning]. Tin is used for the duct work for carrying the air.. Tin is a hard metal. It also rusts easy which is why 99% of the time its galvanized to prevent rust.
He does not tell us the width or thickness of this band. * Now we ALL know what aluminum foil is. its in almost every house . It is of my opinion that IF, if it is the width of the inner band and that it would have to be thicker that the AL foil to do something [what?] .. SO IF thicker and in a lets say heavy worn ring. Lets say one of those soomth babies we see once in a while ,,,or at least a pretty worn ring ..

OK a simple test... IF you took a very strong magnet,,or made a simple Electromagnet [they are very strong!] Wouldn't you think that the magnet would attract the ring?? At least have some pull to it,something? even a little?? confused I don't have one,,but if anyone can do the test and would like to post the results here I'd appreciate it!, much thanks....,G.