Hello collector friends! Today I want to ask if you do know anything about this kind of portepee I have bought short ago.

Years ago Tom Wittmann has sold exactly such a portepee mounted on a diplomat s dagger. In his announcement he did show also a photograph with diplomats(?) and gov officials (with cuff title -Ost-) and did write that on this photograph the certain portepee was worn. Unfortunately the pic was so blurry that I for me could not recognize anything. Wittmann did write it is a diplomats lower rank portepee.
This certain dagger, together with it?s special portepee later has been sold again by TMJohnson.

About one year ago I have been asked concerning the originality of a diplomat s dagger and it also had attached such a portepee. The dagger was original without any question. It is remarkable that this combo did come directly out of a private household! So it is without question period and diplomat related. As it has been the business of another collector I unfortunately could not do any research concerning the portepee.
At least these are the two (different) occasions I have seen such a portepee and in both occasions it has been attached to a diplomat?s dagger.

As said I now could buy such an extremely rare portepee from an auction and would like to know if any of you do know/have any hard facts about this kind of portepee and if you have seen such a portepee beneath the mentioned occasions.

Naturally my portepee did pass an experienced blacklight test without the least problem.

Thank you in advance, regards,

58a.JPG (161.8 KB, 608 downloads)
59a.JPG (38.41 KB, 603 downloads)

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.